Utah Lead Coalition Letter to Physicians
- Pediatrician Claudia Fruin, MD, describes the changes in the state’s definition of elevated blood lead, requirements to report blood lead testing, and the importance of testing for lead exposure.
LEAD EXPOSURE QUESTIONNAIRE
This questionnaire should be administered to children from 6 months to 6 years of age at well-child visits. Blood lead testing is recommended on all children at 1 and 2 years of age and up to age 6 years if never tested.
Lead Testing Treatment and Guidelines
- This is a quick guide for clinical guidelines on blood lead testing, follow-up, treatment, and reporting requirements.
Medicaid/CHIP Lead Testing Requirements
CDC Refugee Lead Screening Guidelines
Occupational Blood Lead Guideline
- A Utah Department of Health brochure that outlines OSHA occupational blood lead testing requirements
Report of the Advisory Committee on Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Steps for Collecting Fingerstick Blood Samples in Micro-Vials for Lead Testing
Fingerstick Collection for Lead and Hemoglobin Filter Paper Tests
Blood Lead Reference Value (BLRV)
- A CDC notice to providers about the decrease of the blood lead reference value from 5 μg/dL to 3.5 μg/dL in late 2021.
Lead Care Kit Recall: July 6, 2021
- Magellan Diagnostics, Inc. recalled kits for LeadCare® Blood Lead Tests that were distributed between October 27, 2020, and June 15, 2021.
- UPDATE: LeadCare® Blood Lead Tests will start distributing kits again in June 2022. Learn more …
Utah Injury Reporting Rule
- Utah Administrative Rule R386-703 reporting rule requires that all blood lead results are reporting to the Utah Department of Health, regardless of result level within 60 days of result
Utah Blood Lead Reporting Fields
Parent Guide for Child with Elevated Blood Lead Level
This handout gives follow-up information for a parent or caregiver whose child has an elevated blood lead level.
Utah Kids and Lead Poisoning Prevention Brochure
This brochure describes the common sources and risks of lead exposure, how to prevent lead poisoning in your child, and the importance of getting your child screened
Why Toxic Chemicals are More Dangerous to Children
PICA & LEAD POISONING
This factsheet explains what PICA behavior is and how it relates to lead poisoning.
Nutrition Guideline for Decreasing Lead Absorption
Proper nutrition can slow the body’s absorption of lead. This diet guide offers advice on how to prevent lead absorption.
Leady Lucy Activity Book
- A fun activity book to engage children in learning about lead poisoning and how to prevent it.
Lead Poisoning Prevention: Salt Lake County Health
Lead Education Home Visiting Program: Salt Lake County Health
- If you live in Salt Lake County and your child has a blood lead level of 3.5 ug/dl or above, you qualify for Salt Lake County Health Department’s free Lead Education Program
Salt Lake County Lead-Safe Housing Program
- See if your Salt Lake County home qualifies for free lead remediation. This includes a home risk assessment and remediation if necessary
Baby Watch Early Intervention Program
- Provides support and services to families with children up to age three years who have developmental delays or disabilities. Children with a blood lead value of ≥10 ug/dl automatically qualify for services
Utah Department of Health Environmental Public Health Tracking Program
Utah Poison Control Center
Receive additional assistance in the management of blood lead cases.
CDC Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Find information about strategies to strengthening blood lead testing, reporting, and surveillance, linking exposed children to recommended services, and targeted population-based interventions
Environmental Protection Agency (Lead)
- Find resources about EPA laws and regulations related to structure renovations, repairs, painting, and abatement and how to find certified professionals to complete projects safely
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
National Center for Healthy Housing State Health Department Guidelines on Lead
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Access the best science, the latest research, and the most important information about toxic substances and how they affect health
The Maternal Child Health Lead Poisoning Prevention Toolkit
- A toolkit that compiles educational, advocacy, and planning resources for public health agencies working to prevent and mitigate maternal and child lead poisoning
Value of Lead Prevention
- Use this tool to calculate the cost of lead exposure and the economic benefits of key interventions to reduce lead exposure in your state